“The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you — they are full of the Spirit and life.” (John 6:63)
I spent most of my life as an engineer.
Being in that line of work, I do have a logical mind.
I look at problems and I ask, what is reasonable and logical. The kingdom of God is not reasonable or logical.
The Cross of Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God is full of contradictions.
The meaning of contradiction is a condition in which two things are in opposition to each other. Some of the contradictions are:
— Christ died on the Cross but we believe that He is more alive than before and we will live with Him forever.
• We Christians walk on the earth while in heaven and after our conversion we are not at home on earth anymore.
• The Christian is safe if he puts himself in jeopardy, he loses his life so that he can find it.
• The Christian is strongest when he is weakest and weakest when he is strong.
• The Christian is wisest when he knows nothing and knows least when he has acquired the greatest amount of knowledge.
— In the low times he manages to rejoice and keep his heart glad even in sorrow.
• The Christian loves supremely One whom he has never seen.
• The Christian feels that in his own right he is nothing, yet without a question he is the apple of God’s eye.
— Yes, there are contradictions in the Cross and we may ask why? The reason that God’s kingdom is an upside down kingdom is because God’s kingdom is not of this earth. It is a spiritual kingdom. This is the kingdom that gives us life.