“For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.” (Ephesians 6:12)
• We are fighting a spiritual battle. This battle is not with flesh and blood. Our battle is not with people. Our battle is with Satan. It is a battle for our soul and the souls of others. This battle is one of the most important battles we will ever fight.
• We wrestle against the darkness of this world. Our goal in these battles is to shine the light of Jesus Christ in the dark places of the world. It is not our light that we are shining but the light of Jesus shining through us.
• We wrestle against Satan. Wrestling is not a team sport it is a sport that is one-on-one. It is where one fights until one is proclaimed victorious.
• We need to realize that Satan is not after the group; he is after you. This attack is against you and it is personal. Satan hates you and he wants to destroy you and everything that you love.
• We have victory because of Jesus Christ and His death on the Cross. Jesus has defeated Satan. Nothing, and I mean nothing, can separate us from Jesus and our victory.
“No, in all these things we are more than
conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:37-39)